MailChimp is a popular, easy-to-use platform for managing email campaigns. Datrm.in works with MailChimp to keep your contacts in sync, so you can easily use MailChimp’s suite of tools for email communications while keeping your contact data secure in Datrm.in.
Follow these steps to setup your MailChimp account to sync with Datrm.in:
- Login to MailChimp at https://login.mailchimp.com
- Click on your name in the top right of the screen and a dropdown menu will appear. Click Account.
- Click on the Extras drop-down menu, then API keys.
- Click the button Create A Key.
- You’ll now see your new API key listed along with some details. In the Label field, feel free to click on it and type “Datrm.in”, but that’s optional.NOTE: Please, please keep your API key totally private. Don’t tweet it, snap it, or read it out loud near any electronic devices (hi NSA!). Just treat it like a password, only better.
- Select your new API key, copy it, and you’re ready for the next step.
- Head over to Datrm.in. Assuming you are an admin on your account, click on your email address in the top right of your screen and click Account Settings.
- Once you’re in Account Settings, click on the Integrations tab.
- Scroll down the list to MailChimp and click Add integration.
- You should see a pop-up appear with a field for “API key”.
- Paste your MailChimp API key into this field and click Save changes.
- If the API key is valid, you should now see two new fields:
- Select a refresh schedule: This is the interval for which you would like Datrm.in to sync your data with MailChimp.
- Sync with List (optional): If you only have one MailChimp list and would like to sync your entire Datrm.in account with it, you can select it here. If you don’t see your MailChimp lists in the dropdown, just click the refresh button () and we’ll grab the current list of lists for you.
- Click Save Changes again and if you see a green alert saying “That was easy! Credentials updated” then you are, indeed, all done.
- Click Close to finish it off.